Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Celebrate!

This past weekend was VEISHEA! It's a celebration of the original six colleges at Iowa State: Veterinary, Engineering, Industrial Science, Home Economics, and Agriculture. I had so much fun Friday night with all sorts of friends rock climbing (I made it to the top!), jamming out at a dance, watching cruise-line worthy entertainment, and eating pancakes at midnight! We spent the night laughing and just having fun.

Veishea brings out multiple trailers of fair-like food, including Tom Thumb donuts! My favorite!!! Don't worry, I didn't pass them up!

Saturday, there was a parade that we enjoyed even through the rain! We even ended up with a nice candy stash! Later that day I retired to my dorm and participated in fun there. We threw gummi bears, wrapped people up in bubble wrap and saran wrap, and I got saran wrapped to a mattress and shoved into an elevator! No worries, everything and everyone ended up okay (and safe)! I became a lame-o that evening, though. I went to bed at 10:15! (yeah, be jealous)

I have two more weeks before I return home. This semester has gone by so quickly and been filled with so much stuff. I love it! My family wants to make move out quick, but I'm so bittersweet about it! I've come to make a home here and my friends have become family. I can't wait to work over the summer. I'll be working most of the time, but hopefully it will go quickly. Before I know it, I'll be back in Ames eating supper with my best friends.

On a happy note, I'll be singing "Carmina Burana" one week from today at C.Y. Stephans! Come on out! All four ISU choirs accompanied by the orchestra! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment