Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Oh dear.



I'm afraid it's been too long! This year has been exciting and crazy busy and fun! Let me show you! :) WARNING: I have pictures of an injury. Not gruesome, but just a heads up.
 Longboarding is really cool here. My friends and I always joke about my lack of coordination, but I thought I could give it a try. A friend held my hands and walked as I stood and rolled on the board. It's the equivilant of "training wheels"! Then I kicked off and came back okay. I thought I had learned enough and tried to go on my own. I did really well! My friends yelled, "Great! Now bring it back!" And boy, did I try! I put my left foot on the ground, but my brain said "Nope! Not today!" and my foot stayed on the ground. My right foot and the longboard, however, did not read my mind. (fyi: momentum still works!) I fell flat on my butt and tried to break my fall with my hands and elbows. My left elbow caught the worst of it. It looked worse after these pictures were taken, but it's on the mend! My friends were more worried about my fall than I was. 
I'm a very skilled gravity tester! :)



I have the pleasure of hanging out with these lovely ladies below! We had the pleasure of helping Sarah with supper this past Monday, and she had some really fun aprons! :) Mia is not the real Mrs. Smith, and I am not a housewife. But we loved helping with (and eating) supper!
From L: Sarah, Mia, me

No comments:

Post a Comment